Faktoje hap thirrjen për gazetar/e:
Job Opportunity with FAKTOJE ‐ The First Albanian Fact –Checking media organization
Apply immediately, but no later than July 26, 2022
FAKTOJE is a new organization that fact-checks the veracity of promises, statements, and actions by public oﬃcials (or private entities proﬁting from public funds); and then tells the public the truth.
Faktoje invites applications by Albanian experts for the position of Journalist of the fact checking service.
Main purpose of the JOB
The journalist will be responsible for gathering information, selecting statements/declarations to be fact-checked and producing news items/articles, within the principles laid down by the IFCN.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Producing multimedia fact-checking stories (text, photo, video) covering mainly (but not limited to) political/governance, social, economic, gender, environment issues including creating engaging graphics, images, and video content;
- Gathering information online (desktop research) and offline (interviews, press conferences, etc.);
- Following current events, be able to spot a story/statement to fact check;
- Pitching story ideas to editorial team;
- Staying up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation laws;
- Staying up to date with the national, state and local media, social and political environment, international news and events;
- Maintaining objectivity;
- Facilitating online conversations with audience
- Master degree in Journalism or related fields.
- At least three to five years of experience as a journalist in Albania.
- Good interpersonal skills and group or team work skills;
- Multimedia skills (audio/ video recording and editing) highly desirable;
- Skills in computer programs for editing, website and social media management skill
- Willingness to work full time and flexible hours;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Albanian and English;
- Solid IT skills including use of online communication and social media tools.
Preferred skills and attributes
- Have excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
- Have leadership skills and the ability to be diplomatic and fair
- Be able to give clear, accurate instructions
- Understand their target audience
- Have good organizational skills
- Be able to make decisions
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be prepared to work long hours if required.
- Participating in team meetings, capacity building trainings, as necessary.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset;
To apply: Please send (i) curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references: