Job Opportunity with FAKTOJE ‐ The First Albanian Fact-Checking media organization
Apply immediately, but no later than August 29, 2020
FAKTOJE is a new organization that fact-checks the veracity of promises, statements, and actions by public oﬃcials (or private entities proﬁting from public funds); and then tells the public the truth.
Faktoje invites applications by Albanian experts for the position of 2 (two) Journalists of the fact checking service.
Main purpose of the JOB
The journalist will be responsible for gathering information, selecting statements/declarations to be fact-checked and producing news items/articles, within the principles laid down by the IFCN.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Producing multimedia fact-checking stories (text, photo, video) covering mainly (but not limited to) political/governance, social, economic, gender, environment issues including creating engaging graphics, images, and video content;
- Gathering information online (desktop research) and offline (interviews, press conferences, etc.);
- Following current events, be able to spot a story/statement to fact check;
- Pitching story ideas to the editorial team;
- Staying up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation laws;
- Staying up to date with the national, state and local media, social and political environment, international news and events;
- Maintaining objectivity;
- Facilitating online conversations with the audience
- Master degree in Journalism or related fields.
- At least three to five years of experience as a journalist in Albania.
- Good interpersonal skills and group or teamwork skills;
- Multimedia skills (audio/ video recording and editing) highly desirable;
- Skills in computer programs for editing, website and social media management skill
- Willingness to work full time and flexible hours;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Albanian and English;
- Solid IT skills including use of online communication and social media tools.
Preferred skills and attributes
- Have excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
- Have leadership skills and the ability to be diplomatic and fair
- Be able to give clear, accurate instructions
- Understand their target audience
- Have good organizational skills
- Be able to make decisions
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be prepared to work long hours if required.
- Participating in team meetings, capacity building trainings, as necessary.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset;
To apply: Please send (i) curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three referees: